Nokia 8 is a mid range android smartphone with 7.1.1 Nougat operating system. In this guide you will learn how to manage SIM and memory in Nokia 8. Before you start here are a bit of specs of this phone if you are new to this mobile. Nokia 8 comes with powerful Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 chipset based on Cortex A53 Octa core processor. It provides the great experience with Adreno 540 graphic processor unit.
The 4GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage with built in memory micro SD card slot in this device, Nokia 8 Android phone features 5.3 inches display touchscreen with IPS technology LCD and Comming Gorilla Glass 5.
The device has a screen resolution of 2560 x 1440 pixels with multi touch and Sensor. Nokia 8 comes with a 13 Mega pixels Dual Camera with auto focus Geo-tagging, LED Flash and Make Batter Quality Videos and Images on Low light with Flash Light. You can make videos calling and videos shearing with 12MP front facing camera. This phone is a Li-ion 3090 mAh battery with the talk time about 12 hours and 6 hours videos watching, web browsing. The phone costs AU$ 899 at JB Hi Fi in Australia.
Inserting SIM and Memory in Nokia 8
Nokia 8 has big space with 64 GB mass storage UFS2.1 type and memory or MicroSD card support up to 256 GB. Nokia 8 has a dual SIM support, and can use dual SIM that you can choose for your special features. The Nokia 8 SIM slot locations are on the back on your phone The Nokia 8 Dual SIM has a hybrid card slot for either second SIM card or MicroSD card.
- Open the SIM and memory card tray by putting the provided tray opener into the hole next to the tray.
- Put the nano-SIM into the slot one with the contact area face down. If you have a second SIM, put it into the slot two or, if you have a memory card, put the card into the memory card slot located in the SIM slot two.
- Slide the SIM and memory card tray back into the slot.
SIM slot one supports CDMA SIM cards. Use only original nano-SIM cards. Use of incompatible SIM cards may damage the card or the device, and may corrupt data stored on the card.
To remove the Nokia 8 SIM card in Nokia 8 Open the SIM and memory card tray, remove the SIM, and slide the SIM and memory card tray back into the slot.
Also to remove the Nokia 8 Memory Card Open the SIM and memory card tray, remove the SIM, and slide the SIM and memory card tray back into the slot.
Manage SIM Settings in Nokia 8
Your phone shows the network status for both SIMs separately. Both SIM cards are available at the same time when the device is not being used, but while one SIM card is active, for example, making a call, the other may be unavailable. You can decide which SIM you want to use. For a call, you can choose which SIM to use by tapping the corresponding SIM one or SIM two button.
- Tap Settings > Wireless & networks > SIM management.
- To change the SIM settings, tap SIM one settings or SIM two settings.
To rename a SIM card
- Tap a SIM you want to rename, and type in the name you want.
- Select which SIM to use for calls, data connection, or messages
- Under Preferred SIM for, tap the setting you want to change and select the SIM.
If you are a new user or thinking to get Nokia 8 for yourself then read our next guide as how to get started with Nokia 8