Wanna reset your Nokia phone here is how to do with things to take care of?
Are you struggling with your Nokia phone which has slowed down and is not working? Then this indicates you need to proceed your phone to a reset. What will reset so is that it will allow you to regain control of your device by clearing out any data or bugs that may be causing your phone to function abnormally.
So here find some simple solutions that you may use to improve the functionality of your Nokia device. You also need to understand with things to take care of given below here that can help you in resetting your phone.
Restore Nokia to factory settings
There are a number of reasons that may explain why your device is not working properly. The most common issues arise when your internal memory is full or when you have an issue with your Micro SD external memory. If you believe that this may be the case, then it is recommend deleting any unnecessary files from your phone including text messages, photos, etc. If your phone works properly following the sweep, a reset may not be necessary.
If the problem is not being caused by a full memory, then it is recommend to proceed with a reset. Important to note is that resetting your phone will restore everything back to its original factory settings. Your all data will be lost. So it is always advisable that you do a backup of all your data before moving forward with the reset.
Soft reset and hard reset Nokia Phone
There are two different types of resets for your Nokia Phone. The hard reset will return your phone to factory settings while the soft reset is more like an extended reboot.
This method works for most of Nokia phones
With a soft reset will clear all pending tasks and errors. To proceed with a soft reset, simply enter *#7380# into your keyboard. This function should work on almost all Nokia mobile phones.
If doing a soft reset does not restore your phone to proper working function, you may have to proceed with a hard reset. Note that a hard reset will completely wipe your phone of all data. So you need to take back up of any important information on your phone before proceeding.
To perform a hard reset, enter the code *#7370# into your keyboard, and then press Yes to confirm.
N.B. A hard reset may also be performed on a phone that won’t turn on. You can do this by simultaneously pressing on the On/Off + * + 3 keys.
This method works if you own a Windows Nokia phone
The soft reset is the same thing as pulling your battery (on devices where that is possible). This method will not remove anything at all from your phone and is completely safe to attempt in any problem situation.
- You perform the soft reset by having your phone turned on. Then press and hold the volume down and Power buttons until your phone vibrates and restarts. Note that you should not touch the device screen during the process (not even when the ‘slide down to power off’ prompt appears).
The soft reset should solve the problem if your app that usually starts won’t start or the camera won’t open or the device starts using too much battery and if the device starts behaving oddly
The hard reset will bring your phone back to factory settings, the same state as when the device was first turned on. All apps, messages, media, personal settings, etc will be removed from the phone. If backup is turned on under Settings, you can restore your apps and settings after performing a hard reset (as long as you initialize the phone with the same Microsoft Account). Note that resetting your device will not remove any OS or firmware updates. You will remain on the same version of Windows Phone after the reset.
- If you can turn on your device you can reset your phone under Settings: Settings > about > reset your phone
- If your phone is unresponsive and you can’t reach Settings , you may be able to reset your phone using the hardware buttons:
- Press and hold the volume down and Power buttons at the same time until you feel a vibration (about 10–15 seconds).
- When you feel the vibration, release the buttons, and then immediately press and hold the volume down button until you see a large exclamation mark.
- Once the exclamation mark appears, press the following four buttons in this order: volume up , volume down , Power , volume down . Your phone should now reset and restart itself. (It might take a while for the reset to finish.)
The hard reset operation will take a while to complete and will show spinning gears before it reboots your device to factory settings. Usually it will finish within 30 minutes but can, in some rare cases, take up to a couple of hours. Some older Nokia Lumia handsets have a bug where a reset never seems to finish. If that should happen to you, check this wiki article for a solution.
You can use the hard reset if the soft reset didn’t solve the problem or you want to switch to another Microsoft Account or you want to reset a device that you will no longer use (this enables someone else to initialize the device with their own Microsoft Account) and if you want to restore a backup
Restore a Nokia N97
Some forums have reported that you can make your Nokia 97 work smoothly after a crash without formatting it.
- To do this, first turn off your phone, and connect your phone to your charger. Remove the charger when the screen lights up, and then, wait until it goes off.
- Turn your phone on immediately after using the Power button on top.
- After the vibration at start up, plug in your charger.
Reset a Nokia 5800 Nokia N97 and N8
- To reset your Nokia 5800, press and hold the Green + Red + Camera + On/Off buttons simultaneously.
- You can reset your Nokia N97 by pressing the Power + Space + left arrow + up arrow simultaneously.
- To reset N8 Nokia go to the main menu of your device > Settings > Phone > Phone management. Then, click Factory Settings > Delete Data and Restore. To perform a hard reset, turn off your phone, and then, press and hold the volume down + Camera + menu keys. Press the power button until your phone vibrates.
Always remember to have a back up of all your mobile data be it photos, documents, files, music or whatever whenever you choose to factory reset your phones.