Hey guys if you own a Nokia 8 smartphone and don’t know how to get going with this new Android phone from HMD which was launched last year 2017 then you have come to the right place. If you have not yet read the full specs of this new phone then note that it has a a 5.3-inch screen display with 7.3 mm thick and 4.3 mm thick at the edges. It is available in four colors like the Polished Blue, Polished Copper, Tempered Blue and Steel. The device features a full-length graphite-shielded copper cooling pipe that is designed to pull the heat away from the Snapdragon 835 chip and dissipate it across the full length and breadth of the smartphone. The phone is not water-resistant, but is IP54 splash-resistant so do not hang out with this phone in a rainy day.
Also Nokia 8 is the first Nokia-branded phone to feature a dual-lens camera system. The rear camera module includes a set of two 13 MP sensors, of which one is an RGB sensor, and the other a monochrome sensor. The rear camera is equipped with optical image stabilization (OIS), f/2.0 aperture, PDAF, an IR rangefinder, and a dual-LED flash.
It is equipped with a 3.5 mm headphone jack and Bluetooth. These audio outputs use the OZO spatial audio playback to produce high quality 360° surround sound from two speakers(or ear buds) and use decoding standards compatible with Dolby Atmos and other earlier surround sound standards.
Like the Nokia 3, Nokia 5 and Nokia 6, it ran a near-stock version of Android 7.1.1 “Nougat” on release but later on it was updated to Android 8.1 Oreo. One difference is the camera mobile app, so as to cater for the phone’s Dual-Sight feature. It also comes with an always-on display, similar to Nokia’s previous Glance Screen on the Nokia Lumia series.
Setting up your new phone
Pick your new phone after unboxing it and charge it for sometime if it’s not a bit of charged so that you don’t lose your settings once you customize it according to your preference. You will get the best settings based on your country language, or you can change anytime. Note that when you unbox you will find Nokia 8 phone, Wired earphones, Mains power adaptor, MicroUSB cable and Information pack with SIM tool attached.
Insert your Sim
After you see the details of Nokia 8, and check for the first time based turn your device off and install SIM by following the simple steps below:
- Inside of your box, take the SIM ejection tool from manufacture to keep safe your device.
- Now Open the SIM tray and memory card tray by put into the SIM hole and push it until out.
- The SIM try support dual SIMcards, you can put the nanoSIM into the slot one, the contact area, gold face down. If you have a dual SIM variant and a second SIM then with the dual SIM variant use only one SIM tray, use SIM and memory or use two nano SIM.
- Now turn on Nokia8 by press and hold the power button side of your phone until vibrate and the screen on.
- If you want to remove the SIM and memory on Nokia 8 you can take a SIM remover tool or ejection try it with a pin or something.
- Put and push the ejection until the card trays out, remove the cards, and slide trays back into their slots.
- Better to turn off your phone while removing memory card, because it can be damage or corrupt.
You can personlise dual SIM variant, or use the automatic set up on your cell phone. Customize settings use 2 SIMs in your phone with following steps:
- Swipe to unlock, and tap (gear) Settings > SIM Cards.
- You can set the SIM name by tap a SIM and rename.
- Now you have the two option 1 SIM to use for calls or SIM 2 for data connection. You can manage SIM by tap the setting options if you need to change.
Set up the Wizard
Now you’ve installed the SIM card, you’re ready to set up your Nokia. Press the Power button on the right-hand edge of the phone for two seconds – until the screen lights up.
- When the phone turns on, you’ll see the first screen of the ‘Setup Wizard’ – a series of steps that help get the Nokia 8 ready to use.
- On the ‘Welcome’ screen, you need to pick your language. Tap English if you want to use something different, then press Let’s go.
- This screen asks if you want to restore a back up. For speed and ease, choose Set up as new.
- Connect to Wi-Fi to make sure your phone can download everything it needs to. Tap the name of your network.
- Type in the wireless password and tap Connect (it’s on your router if you’re not sure of it).
- Add your Google account so you can start downloading apps. Type in your email address and then tap Next. If you haven’t got one yet, set one up by pressing More options.
- Type in your password and tap Next.
- There are some Terms and Conditions to agree to. Press I Agree.
- Protecting your phone is important, You can Set your Fingerprint Settings
- You can do the setting by going to Settings > Security > Fingerprint and follow the instructions shown on your phone.
- If you want to use the advanced lock screen then tap Settings >Screen Lock.
- If you want to lock your device when your phone is in your pocket or bag just press the power key to lock your phone.
- Similarly you can unlock by press the power button, and swipe up, another way you can unlock your phone with just a touch of your finger.
Google have some services that you can use on your phone. Read through the ones showing, tapping on any you know you don’t want to use.
- Press Next to move on.
- Google Assistant answers questions and performs tasks at the touch of a button. You can use the assistant by saying “OK,Google” or by pressing and holding the Home button. Press Continue.
- The Google Assistant needs to use your personal information to work. This page shows just what permissions are needed.
- To grant permissions to Google Assistant, tap Yes, I’m in.
- The assistant gets better the more you use it, recognising your speech and answering your questions more quickly. Press Get started.
- Google Assistant can see what’s on your phone screen, making it easier to search for more detail on something. Press All set.
- You can now add more email accounts, payment details or apps to your phone. To start using your new Nokia, press All set.
- Tap Finish to complete the setup wizard.
You can now see the Home page for your Nokia 8, and your phone is ready to use.