All Nokia phones comes with warranty and support. Unfortunately in Australia there is no online support for Nokia mobiles. If you want to know whether your warranty is valid, enter your device IMEI code. It’s very easy to find the IMEI code on your phone. In order to find IMEI in Android simply go to Settings > About Phone > Status > IMEI Information. If your phone has two IMEI-codes, then provide IMEI1. In all classic Nokia phones you can find the IMEI code on your phone by entering *#06# on your keypad when on the main screen.
Nokia Mobiles and their warranty in Australia
Here is warranty for Android Nokia phones in Australia
You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are entitled to have the Product repaired or replaced if the Product fails to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
The Warranty period starts on the date the Product is sold to an end user for the first time, as evidenced by the original proof of purchase. Comes with Twenty-Four months for the main device including non user-replaceable batteries, and Six months for all user-replaceable batteries, covers, cables, chargers, headsets and any other accessory included in the sales package of the main device.
During the Warranty period, Manufacturer or its authorised service center will, in a reasonable time, remedy the Defect free of charge by either repairing or replacing the defective Product or accessory or the defective part of it at its option, provided that you have returned the defective Product or accessory to the Manufacturer or its authorised service center before the Warranty period expires.
You will need to deliver your Product to the Manufacturer’s authorised service centre at your own cost. If you visit the Manufacturer’s authorised service centre for assistance under this Warranty, you need to bring along a copy of the original proof of purchase, which should clearly indicate the words “Tax Invoice” or the equivalent, and include the name and ABN number (Australia) or GST number (New Zealand) of the seller, the date of purchase, a description of the product purchased, and the IMEI or other serial number of the Product.
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law:
a) No repair or replacement will renew or extend the Warranty period;
b) Original Product, replacement parts or replacement Product or accessories provided under this Warranty will be covered by this Warranty for the remainder of the original Warranty period or for ninety (90) days from the date the repaired or replacement Product or accessory is returned to you, whichever is longer;
c) Repair services will count with ninety (90) days Warranty from the day the repaired Product or accessory is returned to you;
d) The Product or all parts of your Product or accessory that Manufacturer has replaced shall become Manufacturer’s property.
Manufacturer does not provide any Warranty for the following:
Any third party software, settings, content, data, or links installed or downloaded onto your Product at any time
- Manufacturer and third party services or enabling clients even if preinstalled by Manufacturer
- Any normal wear and tear, and reduced charging capacity of the battery resulting from its natural end of life, or pixel defects in your Product’s display that are within the scope of industry standards
- SIM card and/or any cellular or other networks or system on which your Product operates
- Errors or damage caused by: (i) misuse or not using your Product in accordance with the user guide, such as (but not limited to) if the Product has been exposed to liquid outside of the approved levels, extreme electromagnetic field (such as damages caused by microwave oven), dampness, extreme thermal or environmental conditions or to rapid changes in such conditions, corrosion, oxidation, spillage of food or liquid, or influence from chemical products, (ii) using your Product with, or connecting it to, any product, accessory, software, or service not manufactured or supplied by Manufacturer, (iii) any products combined with your Product by a third party, (iv) damage or errors caused by hacking, cracking, viruses, or other malware, or by un-authorised access to services, accounts, computer systems, or networks; or (v) other acts beyond Manufacturer’s reasonable control.
For more details contact +61730628463
Here is warranty for classic Nokia phones in Australia
The warranty period starts on the date the Product is sold to an end user for the first time, as evidenced by the original proof of purchase. There is Twelve months warranty for the main device.
During the Warranty period, any defect covered by this Warranty will be remedied within a reasonable time, free of charge, through the replacement of the product or accessory affected by the defect. During the Warranty period, in case you suspect that your Product or any accessory has a defect, take it back to the point of sale where the Product has been purchased. The seller will perform a preliminary analysis on the product or accessory and if found to be defective, the Product or accessory will be replaced. When replacing your Product, Manufacturer may use new or re-conditioned parts or Product except where the use of such re-conditioned parts or Product is barred by local law. In case local law should require the end user to be informed about the use of re-conditioned parts or Product, this Warranty document can be considered as the necessary notice in that regard. In case local law requires consent from the end user for the use of re-conditioned parts or Product, then such parts or Product will not be used till such consent has been obtained.
When making a Warranty claim, you must present the phone or accessory that has allegedly presented a defect; and the legible and original proof of purchase, clearly indicating the name and the address of the seller, the place and date of purchase, the Product type and the serial number.
Manufacturer does not provide any Warranty for the following:
When the mobile is used in a way that is different from its ordinary use, such as errors or damages caused by:
- Exposure to moisture, to extreme electromagnetic field (such as damages caused by microwave oven), to dampness, to extreme thermal or environmental conditions or to rapid changes in such conditions, corrosion, oxidation, spillage of food or liquid, or to influence from chemical products
- Using your Product with, or connecting it to, any product, accessory, software, or service not manufactured or supplied by Manufacturer
- Any products combined with your Product by a third party
- Damage or errors caused by hacking, cracking, viruses, or other malware, or by unauthorized access to services, accounts, computer systems, or networks; or other acts beyond Manufacturer’s reasonable control.
- If your Product’s serial number, the mobile accessory date code, or the IMEI number has been removed, erased, defaced, altered or if these are illegible in any way.
- Also if your Product, has been opened, repaired or modified by non-authorized third parties, or repaired with unauthorized spare parts.
If you have not installed the latest software updates that are publicly available for your Product within a reasonable time of their release. You won’t be able to enforce this Warranty if you refuse to give possession of the Product to Manufacturer for analysis and investigation.
Now that you have understood about the Nokia mobile warranties in Australia, you can check your warranty status with your nearby Nokia dealer or store and have their services in time.