Instagram is a popular choice among people adding their photos, clicking further to add a filter to it and then sharing among friends. More than 150 million users worldwide Instagram has become a powerful app and available for all the smart phones and devices. Instagram Beta has been available for windows phone now. Let us see how it works for Nokia Lumia Phones.
As a first step you need to create an account on your Lumia running Windows Phone 8
Now connect your other social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Flickr to your new Instagram account. This ensures your photo-sharing receives maximum coverage.
Divided into four sections, Instagram Beta displays the following features such as Timeline, Trending, Notifications, and Profile – all easily accessible by swiping from right to left.
Much like other social apps, following people is the key to seeing new content appear in the Timeline.
To leave a comment to an image, tap on the comment icon and start typing, and if you want to like a photo you can either double-tap the image or press on the like icon.
The Trending Section
The Trending section is rather self explanatory; it shows you 15 popular Instagram photos or videos based on the amounts of likes and comments. If you like something and want to add a comment you do it here or also you may like to join the rest of the community.
Whenever somebody follows you or likes one of your photos, you’ll be made aware of this fact in the Notification section. It’s a good place to see which of your photos are more engaging to the Instagram crowd.
Your Profile shows precisely what you’ve uploaded and also shows you the number of followers you have, as well as the number of people you’re following. It’s also in the Profile section you can make easy edits to your profile such as adding a bio, or choosing to keep your profile private if you prefer.
There are a few ways to upload a photo with Instagram Beta. Launch Nokia Camera app on your phone, take a photo and then from the photo options simply tap on share and select Instagram Beta. This takes you straight into the image editing section of the app.
This is a great way to make use of some of the great features within Nokia Camera.
- With Nokia Camera you can create Action Shots – like the ones below – for extra creativity and share them on Instagram.
- Alternatively, you can select an image by tapping the camera icon at the bottom of the screen within the Instagram app. This will initially show you the photos stored in your camera roll, and tapping the camera icon again will open the camera viewfinder where you can take a new photo.
- Your first step will be to crop your image to make it conform to Instagram’s square photo style.
- You can apply any of the filters available such as, XPro-II, Earlybird, Rise, Amaro, Hudson, Lo-fi, Sutro, Toaster, Brannan, Inkwell, Walden, Hefe, Nashville, 1977, and others.
- You can add a frame, or even use the radial and linear tilt-shift blur to add focus to certain parts of the photo.
You can add a caption. Searching for other images around the Instagram network is much easier if you use hashtags (#), so make sure you add hashtags into your captions – but only hashtag keywords, not all of them.
There’s also the option to add a location using the Photo Map function, and to Tag People on Instagram. This highlights who might have been with you at the time, or to just inform them of new photo.
You can pin Instagram Beta to your Start screen as a Live tile. That way you’ll be informed straight away when somebody likes or comments on your photos, or when new followers are gained.
Now as you have understood download Instagram Beta free and start sharing your photos with your friends and family.