Battery Low – Charge It! – Nokia Lumia
When buying a phone, the most important thing one asks for always is the battery life. Though much of the battery depends on the phone usage, still we all need the best performing battery on our phones. Let us know and learn a few things that can improve battery life on Noika Lumia phones.
Charge the Battery
It is advisable to always charge the battery fully. It helps the Lumia Windows Phone battery in managing its peak performance for longer.
WiFi Settings and Glance Screen
If you want to use the “Glance screen” then put it to “peek”. This allows you to bring the Glance screen live by waving your hand over the device when needed.
Turn the WiFi search off, when you don’t need it, by clicking on WiFi quick action button or by going to Settings WiFi.
Always use a native Battery saver and set it as “when the battery is less than 20%”. It prolongs battery life by hours and can save you hassles when you are stuck without a battery charging source for some time.
- Go to Settings: Display, and switch Battery Saver brightness to On. This allows the battery saver to reduce brightness when it becomes active.
- Go to Settings: Touch and switch off “Double tap to wake up”, if you don’t need it and your device supports it
- Go to Settings: Lock Screen and set screen time-out as 1 min.
- Go to Setting: Brightness. Make sure that automatically adjust is switched to Off.
Switch the level to low, the and switch automatically adjust to On again.
Cortana, Background Tasks and Battery
- You can put the location off when don’t need it.
- You can set Cortana and other apps to “not running in the background” when “Battery Saver” kicks in. Windows Phone 8.1 comes with the ability to always allow apps to run in the background even when the “Battery Saver” is on.
- Go to Settings-Battery Saver-usage, tap on the app and uncheck “Allow this app to run in the background when Battery saver is on.
Sounds and Notifications
Go to Notification and actions in settings. Here you can control for which apps you need notifications and you can also manage sounds for push notifications.
You can also set whether you want to play sound for Keypress, Camera shutter and System alerts.
Close Active Apps, Switch off Bluetooth and Set Mail Syncing
- Go to Settings.
- Check whether Bluetooth and NFC are switched on. These should be ideally switched off, if not being used.
- Close all the apps actively running in the background, if you don’t plan to use your phone for some time, otherwise apps like Map Drive keep on running in the background and kill the Battery.
- You can long press on back button to go to the Multitasking UI and either tap on X to close the apps or simply swipe down.
- If you have many mail accounts syncing on your phone, you can lose the battery fast. Go to Mail–Settings–Sync settings and set download new email or content frequency as 30 min or more. This saves battery too.
Any other tip you wish to share please do.